My first story is all about the second child syndrome. My findings have been the second child always seem to march to their own drum beat. Let's use my Sarah as a very good example: most of you probably know her and have experienced her quirks. She walked at 10 months, never really crawled, never talked until she was 2 (because big sissy did all the yacking for her) and it was like she didn't talk one day and then the next day she was speaking in full sentances. Same with her reading, couldn't do it one day and then the next day she could. When she did start talking she couldn't say her "r's" at all. She would say 'sawa pwimo' and we would always get her to ask if we were having ribs for supper... "ahh we having wibs fo suppah?" It was pretty cute.
It's really hard to put her quirks into words and I'm sure there are things that I've blocked out of my memory. In my experience with LOTS of my friends/family and their children, the second child always seems to be very...um.. unique. Avey, aren't you the second child??
As a young adult, Sarah always seems to attract the weirdo's, especially when it comes to working in the shoe store...maybe she's sending out some sort of vibe. Hmm, I wonder if she was born on a night of a full moon..lol!
I also want to make clear that I am the first born, maybe we'll talk about that on another day of blogging.
Here is a picture of my second born and I this summer at the Vegas Shoe Show. 

11 comments:
Well hello
This is Katie the last cild also known as one of the twins.
Good jod on the blog mom it was a good one because sarah is an odd one but we all love her
lol
yeah mommy.. you're an official blogger now! good job, I know you'll make us proud. I'll get the word out on the street that you have a blog now so we're not the only ones reading it!
Love ya
Oh Great another blog to read as if i dont already have enough of them to read. By the way its not second child syndrome, because im not a second child and shes just like me, CUTE, but not too BRIGHT. LOL.Mind you im cute and bright so maybe you have something there. And Avey, Well shes just Avey...but i still love ya Avey and you too Sawa.
Oh and another thing....I thought that that was you and Jamie not Sarah. WOW.
Jody! I'm so excited to have you as a fellow blogger! What fun we shall have. I'll add you to my links soon, but for now I'm late. (I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date!) what movie?
Alice in Wonderland!! Yeah, maybe I'm getting better at that game...it's one of my least favorite cartoons right up there with Dumbo.
I can't believe you have a blog! You're so hip! I love it. And you're story was so funny it made me laugh out loud. Avey and Sarah are a little "special". Thats why we love them so much
Now that I've had a chance to actually read Jody's blog, I have some things to say In defense of the "weirdo second child thing". I'd like to point out two people with some distinct quircks. Firstly up to bat- Jamie Primeau. Though a first born, she pees every 15 to 60 min, she wiggles her feet when she sleeps, and my favorite- she gags when people brush their teeth (I think she might get that from you Jody, but I could be wrong). Secondly- Heather Aicken, third born (and the baby of the family). Randomly speaks in english accents, says the prayer from 'Sound of Music' whenever she is asked to say grace, talks like a baby, loves brussel sprouts, is afraid of kittens, and has circle teeth.
Sarah, I think that you and I are pretty normal gals.
avey you are so right about the gaging and stay tuned for the sasy eldest blog love ya
heather wait till the youngist child blog i think i will have fun with that one love ya
What the hell is "Blog"?? It sounds like a different word for "brain fart". 'I can't think....I'm having a blog'. I'll never understand these things. Email works just fine. Or the phone......
You hit the second child thing on the head. The 2nd child has issues cuz the 1st child created them!
How did I do for comments? Do you know how long it took me to find this blog thing??? I luv ya Jody, but next time I have a comment, I'll call ya!
Post a Comment